Manchu in Global History:
A Research Language for Qing Historians
Center for the Humanities (Kulturwissenschaftliches Zentrum, KWZ) 1.601,
Arriving by plane and train
The Frankfurt airport (FRA) is the nearest major airport from Göttingen. From there you can take an intercity express train directly to Göttingen, which takes about 2h. The trains from Frankfurt to Göttingen run every hour, direct connections run every two hours. Regarding timetables for your train connection please check the Website of Deutsche Bahn.
From Göttingen Train Station to CeMEAS
- Turn left and walk along Berliner Straße (the road in front of the train station)
- Continue along Berliner Straße as far as the big crossroad
- Keep straight on and continue along Nikolausberger Weg as far as the next crossroad (Nikolausberger Weg – Goßlerstraße)
- Turn left and continue along Goßlerstraße as far as the car park
- Before the car park turn right – Center for Humanities is right in front of you
To keep our group together during the stay in Göttingen, we booked a contingent at the Göttingen Youth Hostel.
Youth Hostel Göttingen (Jugendherberge Göttingen)
Tel: +49 551 57622
We can reimburse travel expenses and accommodation in Göttingen. To this end, please keep all your receipts (including e-tickets, boarding passes, receipts and others). We cover economy-class flights and second-class train travel. We kindly ask you to book early and check for saver-airfare offers. Money can only be transferred to (either private or institutional) accounts.
Please fill in and send the document (reimbursement form) below with all original receipts (including original boarding pass or stub) to:
Centre for Modern East Asian Studies
University of Göttingen
Heinrich Düker Weg 14